"Recopying" your File Name and Path to the Windows Clipboard
1099 E-Filing Overview
Applying for a Transmitter Control Code (TCC)
Checking Size of Uploaded File
FIRE System Upload: Navigating to your File
Navigating the IRS FIRE System Website
Printing Summaries and Reports
Payroll Return E-filing
E-filing Forms 94x with Payroll System
Modifying Your IRS E-file Application to E-file Forms 94x
Requirements to E-File Forms 94x
CA Forms DE 9 and DE 9C
Texas C3/C4 Employer's Quarterly Report
How do I back up/restore my data?
How do I backup to and restore from a CD or DVD?
How do I configure automatic backup?
How do I find missing backup data?
How do I move CFS programs and data to a new computer?
How do I move CFS programs and data to a new server?
How do I send client data to a colleague via email?
Why does Financial Planning Tools indicate restore database is being shared?
Why is the program not automatically backing up?
How do I download and install an update from within the program?
How do I download and install the single user version of a program?
How do I install a program or update in "safe mode?"
How do I install programs from CD?
How do I manually download and install an update?
How do I map a network drive?
How do I perform a network setup?
How do I perform a workstation setup?
What is the purpose of a network license?
Why does my desktop shortcut open the installer?
Why does the setup tell me to reboot the computer?
License Code/Firm Information
How do I change my address or firm name?
How do I edit my license code/firm information?
How does my license code work?
Where can I find my Customer ID number?
Where can I find my license code?
Why can't I call to update my firm name/address?
Why does my license code change?
Why does the installer tell me my license code is invalid?
Can I get a user’s manual for CFS programs?
Do I need a network license?
How do I contact CFS for technical support?
How do I print to a PDF?
How many computers am I licensed for?
Where can I get help for Fill-N-Print?
Where's my W2/1099 program?
Why aren't all the programs I ordered on the CD?
Why can't I order forms and envelopes over the phone?
Why didn’t you tell me to renew my programs?
Why do I need a MyCFS account?
Why does CFS no longer send renewal packets?
Instructions and Procedures
CSV Import Guidelines
Connecting to an Existing Network Database
Creating a New Network Database
Entering Data at a Client's Office
Health Insurance Compensation for 2% Owners of S-Corps
Hide/Display State Forms
Manually Importing Client Data From The Previous Year
Payroll System Database Reconstruction
Payroll System QuickBooks Import
Setting: Application Mode
Special Database Recovery Detail Instructions
Special Database Recovery Overview
Switching Between Single-User Mode and Network Mode
CD install fails with message "Previous installation not found"
CFS Setup Runs Another Vendor's Installer
Error 12007 "Name not resolved" on Update from the Web
Error 12029 "Cannot Connect" on Update from the Web
Error 12031 when Downloading
Error 339 "File is not correctly registered" During Install
Error 339: CSCMD32.OCX etc failed to self-register
Error 339: THREED32.OCX is not correctly registered
Error 339: VSSPELL6.OCX failed to self-register
Error 35756 when Starting Program
Error 35761 when Attempting to Update
Error 35764 when Attempting to Update
Error 5001 on Installation
Error Message: "A previous version of [program] was not found..."
Error Message: "Not a Valid Win32 Executable"
Error Message: "Version of the application could not be determined"
Error Message: "Zip file damaged"
Move Data Process Error on Install
Setup Stalls During Full Install
Still Running Old Version after Update
Update Setup Reports File Is Locked
Update Setup Stalls
Error 16 when Printing Form
Error 2018: Page margins are too large, can't run report
Error 2019 when Printing Report
Error 429 when Printing Form
Error 482 when Trying to Print
Error 484 when Trying to Print
OCR-A (or OCR-ACFS) font is not properly installed
Program Crashes Without Error Message when Printing
"Small Fonts and Sans Serif can't be found" when Starting Program
"The feature you are trying to use..."
Error 1004: Error Accessing Database
Error 1706: No valid source could be found for product ( ). The Windows Installer cannot continue.
Error 3022 in Payroll System
Error 3031 when Restoring Payroll Data
Error 3045 in Payroll System
Error 3049 in Payroll System
Error 3050 in Payroll System
Error 3051 in Payroll System Network Installation
Error 3051 when Restoring Payroll Data
Error 3051: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file...
Error 3075 in Payroll System
Error 3112 in Payroll System
Error 3343 in Payroll System
Error 339: component missing or not properly registered
Error 3421 when Restoring Data
Error 3633 when Starting Payroll System
Error 3800 in Payroll System
Error 380: Invalid property value
Error 381: Invalid property array index
Error 400: Form already displayed; can't show modally
Error 429: ActiveX component cannot create object
Error 429: You don't have an appropriate license to use this functionality
Error 480: Can't create AutoRedraw image
Error 48: Trouble loading DLL
Error 52: Bad file name or number
Error 5: Invalid procedure call
Error 63 and Error 380
Error 6: Overflow
Error 7 when Starting Program
Error 70: Permission Denied
Error 75: Path/File Access Error
Error 9 and Error 381
Error 9 and Error 63
Error TX4OLE invalid property value 1-900
Items "Not Saved"
Message that something "needs to be installed" or "is on CD"
Your Network Data Is Read-Only
CFS Program Interface
Federal/State Tax Planner
Quick Reference Guide
Calendar and Notes
Data File List
Field Details for Numeric Fields
Label Setup Options
Repair Client Database
Using the Editor
Firm Information Screen
Importing/Exporting Client Data
Export Client List
Generic ASCII File Client List
Importing/Exporting Client Data
Lacerte Client List
ProSystem Client List
Table of Contents
Updated by John Logue
Installation of CFS program(s) from a CD is described below in detail.
Preparation for the installation means doing as the instructions say: close all other programs which can be closed, and disable any anti-virus software you have installed.
Also, make sure you are logged on with administrator permissions:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Click on User Accounts.
- You should see "Administrator" under your account name.
Installing the Program(s)
- Put the CD in the CD drive tray and close it. On most computers, the CFS installer will run automatically. If the installer does not run automatically:
- Open Windows Explorer (right-click on Start button), and identify the drive which contains the CD by the CFS logo. Note the drive letter, and close Windows Explorer. (If you do not see the CFS logo or any files or folders listed for the CD drive, there may be a problem with the CD or with the drive. Installation cannot proceed until the problem is fixed.)
- Once you know the drive letter for the CD drive, click on the Start button, and in the "Search programs and files" box type, "X:\setup," where X stands for the letter of the CD drive.
- The "CFS Software Installer" window should appear, with a sub-window titled "Welcome."
- Click "Next."
- The "Information" window will appear. Click "Next" to continue.
- The "Edit Firm Information" window will appear. Fill in the form using the information from your CD mailing label or receipt. The fields after ZIP code are optional.
- If there are programs installed on your system which are also on the CD, the next window will be "Select Programs to Update." There will be a list of programs that are on both your computer and the CD, indicating those that should be updated. Click "Next" to update the highlighted programs. (If there are no programs on the CD that are also installed on the computer, this window will not appear.)
- The "Select New Programs to Install" window will appear, with a list of programs that are on the CD but not installed on the computer.
- Programs that are licensed by your license code are highlighted.
- Programs that are not licensed can be selected for installation in DEMO mode by clicking on them.
- Programs that are selected but should not be installed on this computer can be deselected by clicking on them.
- When the programs to be installed have been highlighted (either automatically or manually), click "Finish" to proceed with installations.
- A dialog box will appear, asking whether you wish to continue with the installations. Click "Yes" to proceed.
- Instead of "CFS Software Installer," the main window will now indicate the name of the program being installed. The sub-window within is the "Welcome" window. Click "Next" to continue to the "Choose Destination Location" window.
- The "Choose Destination Location" window shows where the program files will be written. It is strongly recommended that you allow the program to be installed to the default location. However, if it is absolutely necessary to install it to a different location, use the Browse button to select a different destination. The "Choose Folder" sub-window shows the path which will be used for the installation. Modify the path as needed. (If you are installing on a network, see How do I perform a network setup?) Click Next to continue with the installation.
- When the install is complete, the "Setup Complete" window will appear with the text, "InstallShield Wizard Complete." If a "Yes, I want to launch..." checkbox is available, check it if you wish to launch the program, and click Finish.