"Recopying" your File Name and Path to the Windows Clipboard
1099 E-Filing Overview
Applying for a Transmitter Control Code (TCC)
Checking Size of Uploaded File
FIRE System Upload: Navigating to your File
Navigating the IRS FIRE System Website
Printing Summaries and Reports
Payroll Return E-filing
E-filing Forms 94x with Payroll System
Modifying Your IRS E-file Application to E-file Forms 94x
Requirements to E-File Forms 94x
CA Forms DE 9 and DE 9C
Texas C3/C4 Employer's Quarterly Report
How do I back up/restore my data?
How do I backup to and restore from a CD or DVD?
How do I configure automatic backup?
How do I find missing backup data?
How do I move CFS programs and data to a new computer?
How do I move CFS programs and data to a new server?
How do I send client data to a colleague via email?
Why does Financial Planning Tools indicate restore database is being shared?
Why is the program not automatically backing up?
How do I download and install an update from within the program?
How do I download and install the single user version of a program?
How do I install a program or update in "safe mode?"
How do I install programs from CD?
How do I manually download and install an update?
How do I map a network drive?
How do I perform a network setup?
How do I perform a workstation setup?
What is the purpose of a network license?
Why does my desktop shortcut open the installer?
Why does the setup tell me to reboot the computer?
License Code/Firm Information
How do I change my address or firm name?
How do I edit my license code/firm information?
How does my license code work?
Where can I find my Customer ID number?
Where can I find my license code?
Why can't I call to update my firm name/address?
Why does my license code change?
Why does the installer tell me my license code is invalid?
Can I get a user’s manual for CFS programs?
Do I need a network license?
How do I contact CFS for technical support?
How do I print to a PDF?
How many computers am I licensed for?
Where can I get help for Fill-N-Print?
Where's my W2/1099 program?
Why aren't all the programs I ordered on the CD?
Why can't I order forms and envelopes over the phone?
Why didn’t you tell me to renew my programs?
Why do I need a MyCFS account?
Why does CFS no longer send renewal packets?
Instructions and Procedures
CSV Import Guidelines
Connecting to an Existing Network Database
Creating a New Network Database
Entering Data at a Client's Office
Health Insurance Compensation for 2% Owners of S-Corps
Hide/Display State Forms
Manually Importing Client Data From The Previous Year
Payroll System Database Reconstruction
Payroll System QuickBooks Import
Setting: Application Mode
Special Database Recovery Detail Instructions
Special Database Recovery Overview
Switching Between Single-User Mode and Network Mode
CD install fails with message "Previous installation not found"
CFS Setup Runs Another Vendor's Installer
Error 12007 "Name not resolved" on Update from the Web
Error 12029 "Cannot Connect" on Update from the Web
Error 12031 when Downloading
Error 339 "File is not correctly registered" During Install
Error 339: CSCMD32.OCX etc failed to self-register
Error 339: THREED32.OCX is not correctly registered
Error 339: VSSPELL6.OCX failed to self-register
Error 35756 when Starting Program
Error 35761 when Attempting to Update
Error 35764 when Attempting to Update
Error 5001 on Installation
Error Message: "A previous version of [program] was not found..."
Error Message: "Not a Valid Win32 Executable"
Error Message: "Version of the application could not be determined"
Error Message: "Zip file damaged"
Move Data Process Error on Install
Setup Stalls During Full Install
Still Running Old Version after Update
Update Setup Reports File Is Locked
Update Setup Stalls
Error 16 when Printing Form
Error 2018: Page margins are too large, can't run report
Error 2019 when Printing Report
Error 429 when Printing Form
Error 482 when Trying to Print
Error 484 when Trying to Print
OCR-A (or OCR-ACFS) font is not properly installed
Program Crashes Without Error Message when Printing
"Small Fonts and Sans Serif can't be found" when Starting Program
"The feature you are trying to use..."
Error 1004: Error Accessing Database
Error 1706: No valid source could be found for product ( ). The Windows Installer cannot continue.
Error 3022 in Payroll System
Error 3031 when Restoring Payroll Data
Error 3045 in Payroll System
Error 3049 in Payroll System
Error 3050 in Payroll System
Error 3051 in Payroll System Network Installation
Error 3051 when Restoring Payroll Data
Error 3051: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file...
Error 3075 in Payroll System
Error 3112 in Payroll System
Error 3343 in Payroll System
Error 339: component missing or not properly registered
Error 3421 when Restoring Data
Error 3633 when Starting Payroll System
Error 3800 in Payroll System
Error 380: Invalid property value
Error 381: Invalid property array index
Error 400: Form already displayed; can't show modally
Error 429: ActiveX component cannot create object
Error 429: You don't have an appropriate license to use this functionality
Error 480: Can't create AutoRedraw image
Error 48: Trouble loading DLL
Error 52: Bad file name or number
Error 5: Invalid procedure call
Error 63 and Error 380
Error 6: Overflow
Error 7 when Starting Program
Error 70: Permission Denied
Error 75: Path/File Access Error
Error 9 and Error 381
Error 9 and Error 63
Error TX4OLE invalid property value 1-900
Items "Not Saved"
Message that something "needs to be installed" or "is on CD"
Your Network Data Is Read-Only
CFS Program Interface
Federal/State Tax Planner
Quick Reference Guide
Calendar and Notes
Data File List
Field Details for Numeric Fields
Label Setup Options
Repair Client Database
Using the Editor
Firm Information Screen
Importing/Exporting Client Data
Export Client List
Generic ASCII File Client List
Importing/Exporting Client Data
Lacerte Client List
ProSystem Client List
Updated by Eric
In Navigating the IRS FIRE System Website and Step 3 of the 1099 E-Filing Overview, we discussed pasting your "File Name and Path" into the FIRE System website for upload. If it did not paste, this article will show you how to re-copy the necessary information to your clipboard.
This can occur when you have used your "Windows clipboard" between the time you "created" your file in the 1099 E-Filing Module, and the time you tried "pasting" its location (File Path and File Name) into the FIRE System website.
If you would rather "navigate" to your file location, click here.
- Open the Payroll System 1099 E-FILING Module to Step 3. If in your current computer session you were trying to paste into the FIRE website, the module should still be open on your computer. If the window was minimize and is not visible, try pressing "Alt + Tab" to reveal that window. If the Module was closed, re-open the "Create 1098/1099/W-2G e-file/MagMedia Files" module. See Step 3.
- Confirm that your file desired for upload is still highlighted in blue. If it is not, "click once" on the File Name which you desire to upload to the FIRE System. Your selected file will now be highlighted in blue.
- Under "Program File Name", the most recently created file should end in the highest number. In the example above, the file ends in "-2".
- The box on the right lists the Payer(s), Form Types, and Quantity of forms included in the highlighted file. This will help you identify if you have selected your desired file.
- The yellow box below shows the "File Path" of the selected file.
- Now, to "recopy" what's needed, simply CLICK ONCE anywhere on the blue highlighted area, as if to highlight again. You won't see anything happen, but the module will automatically recopy your file's location (File Name and Path) onto the Windows clipboard.
- To verify that it is on your clipboard, try the following:
- Open a blank Wordpad, Word or similar document. Click once in the document (to make sure your cursor is located in this new blank document). Now, press "Ctrl + V" on your keyboard (first press the "Ctrl" key, and continue to hold it down while you then press the "V" on your keyboard).
- You should immediately see the File Name and Path "pasted" into your document.
- It will remain on your clipboard for pasting into the FIRE System--unless you copy something else to the clipboard (such as your FIRE System password).
If it did not paste into your document, you will have to navigate to your file.
What if I'd like to also use my clipboard for copying my FIRE password?
If you use your clipboard for any other function before uploading your file on the FIRE website, afterwards, simply copy the "File Name and Path" once again (by clicking again once onto your blue highlighted file). (Alternatively, you could copy it from the blank document you just made in the procedure above (in Wordpad, Word or a similar document)).
- Go to the "Upload your file to the FIRE" section of the FIRE website.
- If you are logged out, go to the FIRE System website and login.
- If you were still logged in and the FIRE System website is still open, go to "Upload Your File" webpage, and click "Browse" (or "Choose")
- Even if there is an incorrect file name showing next to the Browse button, you can replace it by simply choosing Browse again, and proceeding as directed on the following page.
- You can next try pasting again into the "File name" field and proceed.