"Recopying" your File Name and Path to the Windows Clipboard
1099 E-Filing Overview
Applying for a Transmitter Control Code (TCC)
Checking Size of Uploaded File
FIRE System Upload: Navigating to your File
Navigating the IRS FIRE System Website
Printing Summaries and Reports
Payroll Return E-filing
E-filing Forms 94x with Payroll System
Modifying Your IRS E-file Application to E-file Forms 94x
Requirements to E-File Forms 94x
CA Forms DE 9 and DE 9C
Texas C3/C4 Employer's Quarterly Report
How do I back up/restore my data?
How do I backup to and restore from a CD or DVD?
How do I configure automatic backup?
How do I find missing backup data?
How do I move CFS programs and data to a new computer?
How do I move CFS programs and data to a new server?
How do I send client data to a colleague via email?
Why does Financial Planning Tools indicate restore database is being shared?
Why is the program not automatically backing up?
How do I download and install an update from within the program?
How do I download and install the single user version of a program?
How do I install a program or update in "safe mode?"
How do I install programs from CD?
How do I manually download and install an update?
How do I map a network drive?
How do I perform a network setup?
How do I perform a workstation setup?
What is the purpose of a network license?
Why does my desktop shortcut open the installer?
Why does the setup tell me to reboot the computer?
License Code/Firm Information
How do I change my address or firm name?
How do I edit my license code/firm information?
How does my license code work?
Where can I find my Customer ID number?
Where can I find my license code?
Why can't I call to update my firm name/address?
Why does my license code change?
Why does the installer tell me my license code is invalid?
Can I get a user’s manual for CFS programs?
Do I need a network license?
How do I contact CFS for technical support?
How do I print to a PDF?
How many computers am I licensed for?
Where can I get help for Fill-N-Print?
Where's my W2/1099 program?
Why aren't all the programs I ordered on the CD?
Why can't I order forms and envelopes over the phone?
Why didn’t you tell me to renew my programs?
Why do I need a MyCFS account?
Why does CFS no longer send renewal packets?
Instructions and Procedures
CSV Import Guidelines
Connecting to an Existing Network Database
Creating a New Network Database
Entering Data at a Client's Office
Health Insurance Compensation for 2% Owners of S-Corps
Hide/Display State Forms
Manually Importing Client Data From The Previous Year
Payroll System Database Reconstruction
Payroll System QuickBooks Import
Setting: Application Mode
Special Database Recovery Detail Instructions
Special Database Recovery Overview
Switching Between Single-User Mode and Network Mode
CD install fails with message "Previous installation not found"
CFS Setup Runs Another Vendor's Installer
Error 12007 "Name not resolved" on Update from the Web
Error 12029 "Cannot Connect" on Update from the Web
Error 12031 when Downloading
Error 339 "File is not correctly registered" During Install
Error 339: CSCMD32.OCX etc failed to self-register
Error 339: THREED32.OCX is not correctly registered
Error 339: VSSPELL6.OCX failed to self-register
Error 35756 when Starting Program
Error 35761 when Attempting to Update
Error 35764 when Attempting to Update
Error 5001 on Installation
Error Message: "A previous version of [program] was not found..."
Error Message: "Not a Valid Win32 Executable"
Error Message: "Version of the application could not be determined"
Error Message: "Zip file damaged"
Move Data Process Error on Install
Setup Stalls During Full Install
Still Running Old Version after Update
Update Setup Reports File Is Locked
Update Setup Stalls
Error 16 when Printing Form
Error 2018: Page margins are too large, can't run report
Error 2019 when Printing Report
Error 429 when Printing Form
Error 482 when Trying to Print
Error 484 when Trying to Print
OCR-A (or OCR-ACFS) font is not properly installed
Program Crashes Without Error Message when Printing
"Small Fonts and Sans Serif can't be found" when Starting Program
"The feature you are trying to use..."
Error 1004: Error Accessing Database
Error 1706: No valid source could be found for product ( ). The Windows Installer cannot continue.
Error 3022 in Payroll System
Error 3031 when Restoring Payroll Data
Error 3045 in Payroll System
Error 3049 in Payroll System
Error 3050 in Payroll System
Error 3051 in Payroll System Network Installation
Error 3051 when Restoring Payroll Data
Error 3051: The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file...
Error 3075 in Payroll System
Error 3112 in Payroll System
Error 3343 in Payroll System
Error 339: component missing or not properly registered
Error 3421 when Restoring Data
Error 3633 when Starting Payroll System
Error 3800 in Payroll System
Error 380: Invalid property value
Error 381: Invalid property array index
Error 400: Form already displayed; can't show modally
Error 429: ActiveX component cannot create object
Error 429: You don't have an appropriate license to use this functionality
Error 480: Can't create AutoRedraw image
Error 48: Trouble loading DLL
Error 52: Bad file name or number
Error 5: Invalid procedure call
Error 63 and Error 380
Error 6: Overflow
Error 7 when Starting Program
Error 70: Permission Denied
Error 75: Path/File Access Error
Error 9 and Error 381
Error 9 and Error 63
Error TX4OLE invalid property value 1-900
Items "Not Saved"
Message that something "needs to be installed" or "is on CD"
Your Network Data Is Read-Only
CFS Program Interface
Federal/State Tax Planner
Quick Reference Guide
Calendar and Notes
Data File List
Field Details for Numeric Fields
Label Setup Options
Repair Client Database
Using the Editor
Firm Information Screen
Importing/Exporting Client Data
Export Client List
Generic ASCII File Client List
Importing/Exporting Client Data
Lacerte Client List
ProSystem Client List
Updated by John Logue
If the file failing to self-register is MFC40.DLL:
You may safely ignore the error. Windows includes this file; it does not need to be installed by CFS.
If the file failing to self-register is TX4OLE.OCX:
There is a newer version of the file in the CFS program folder (TT2010, PR2009, etc.) which can be copied to the System32 folder. It will be necessary to uninstall the program before trying to install it again. The program should then install without the error.
If the file failing to self-register is DAO350.DLL:
This may indicate that the module MSVCRT40.DLL in Windows\System32 has been damaged. Do a file search for MSVCRT40. If you find the file, try to rename it to MSVCRT40.XXX. Repeat the search. Expect to find that Windows Protection has placed a new copy of MSVCRT40.DLL into the System32 folder. Install again to see whether this resolved the problem.
Otherwise, you must manually register the file, as follows:
- Hold down the Windows key (located in the bottom left corner of the keyboard, between Ctrl and Alt) and tap the 'R' key to open the RUN box.
- In the RUN box, type the REGSVR32 command followed by the name of the file which failed to to register (e.g., "REGSVR32 VBPRNDLG.DLL." (Case doesn't matter; upper case is used here for readability.)
- If the result is "Windows cannot find...," you probably misspelled REGSVR32.
- If the result includes the sentence, "The specified module could not be found," you may have misspelled the name of the file you are trying to register. Either that or the installation may have failed in such a way that the file did not get copied to the system library.
- If the result includes error code 0x80020009, the problem could be permission settings in the registry for that particular file. A frequent cause of this problem is that the workstation was previously used by someone else to install software, and some items in the registry are secured so that only when that person is logged on can those entries be modified. A qualified computer technician can use REGEDT32 to correct the security settings on those registry entries.
- If the result includes error code 0X80040200, there may be a permissions problem which can be resolved by running the installer as administrator. Right click on the installer file and left click on "Run as administrator." You will need to know the password for the administrator account.
- If, instead of an error code, REGSVR32 terminates in a program crash (Error performing inpage operation), try asking Windows to fix it, as follows:
- Find the file in the \Windows\SYSTEM32 (or WINNT\SYSTEM32) folder.
- Rename the file. (The preferred rename is to change the extension from OCX to OCY or DLL to DLM.)
- This may result in Windows installing a new image of the file into the ...\System32 folder. Use File Find to determine that a new image has been stored there.
- Try the REGSVR32 command again to see whether it reports success or failure. If Windows Protection feature does not provide a new copy, then rerun the installation so that our installer can provide a new copy.